Зарайский городской форум

Текущее время: 23 сен 2019, 09:37

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: LAPEENRANTA, Finland - Canadian head coach Kevin Dineen knew
СообщениеДобавлено: 06 авг 2019, 05:10 
Пользователь
Пользователь

LAPEENRANTA, Finland - Canadian head coach Kevin Dineen knew it would be a stiff challenge to get his team back on track after a crushing semifinal loss at the world under-18 hockey championship. His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said. "We accepted it and moved on. I think we take satisfaction that we worked hard and that things worked out today." A day earlier, Canada erased a three-goal deficit before dropping a 4-3 overtime decision to the Czech Republic. The loss prevented the 2013 champions from returning to the gold-medal game. Determined to come home with a medal, the Canadians started off slowly Sunday before finding their form in the third-place game. Brendan Perlini, Lawson Crouse and Travis Konecny scored and goalie Mason McDonald made 38 saves. "We were not going to miss an opportunity to represent our country well," Dineen said. "The unity that this group has shown to come together in this short little timeframe, I think there was a lot of encouragement within our group and a lot of very quick chemistry that made yesterday very disappointing. "But even so, I think we got great satisfaction from todays win." Swedens Henrik Tornqvist opened the scoring with a short-handed goal midway through the first period. Perlini answered with a power-play goal at the 17:02 mark. Crouse put Canada ahead at 11:57 of the second period and Konecny provided an insurance goal with less than five minutes to play in the third. "Weve spent five weeks together and weve done a lot of work," Dineen said. "Things didnt end the way we wanted to but on the flip side of that, that time could come down to the game today. They played extremely hard. "Theres one thing that we certainly wont fault them (for) — we had great effort throughout this whole tournament." Linus Soderstrom made 23 saves as Sweden settled for a fourth-place finish. "There was no guarantee how it was going to end," Dineen said. "But in saying that, I think we all walk out of here — and I hope the boys do as well — (feeling) that theyre a little wiser about the game and a little better for the experience." The United States won gold later in the day with a 5-2 victory over the Czechs. Custom Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . At least 90 players who had college eligibility remaining are expected to enter the draft, shattering last years record number of 73. "Its a humongous number, so the first reaction is it makes you step back a little bit," said NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . - The Toronto Blue Jays have optioned pitchers Kyle Drabek, Chad Jenkins and Sean Nolin to triple-A Buffalo. http://www.officialjacksonvillejaguarsp ... rs-jersey/. Still, its a start. Josh Baileys goal with 1:40 left capped a furious third-period rally, and the Islanders edged the Penguins 4-3 on Friday night. Josh Allen Youth Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Jawaan Taylor Jersey . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity.MILWAUKEE - The Bucks have signed Jorge Gutierrez to a 10-day contract, replenishing their backcourt depth after a season-ending injury to backup guard Kendall Marshall.The 26-year-old Gutierrez most recently played in Canton of the NBA Developmental League, where he averaged 15.2 points, along with six assists and five rebounds, over six games. He spent parts of this season and last season with the Brooklyyn Nets.ddddddddddddGutierrez, who played in college at California, is reuniting with Bucks coach Jason Kidd, who was with Brooklyn last year. Kidd also played at Cal.Gutierrez fills a roster spot following the suspension Jan. 16 of centre Larry Sanders for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Sanders has missed five games of what the NBA said would be at least a 10-game suspension. ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа